Monday 26 September 2011

My Size Is An 'XS'

Oh yes! I wear an XS size. And i love it! And also because nothing else fits me! I go wild trying to choose a dress. I love it. I go to the trial room to check if this fits me. I pray,and keep my fingers crossed. But shit! Not my type! I grow sad and I whine. And finally I always have people around trying to pamper me with something else at least. And then I find it, yes i find it. Wow! i look nice, I see myself a dozen times in the mirror before I buy it, finally. 


Does it happen to you too, girl!?


As long as I remain an 'XS'. Because there is something else that saddens me. Taking myself ten years down the line.....


There you go.......Six years married with two kids, and wearing a size of, uummmm! XL!! Oh no! For a woman, there is no nightmare more gross and horrific than her weight! Isn't it? But who would really care about her aspirations, dreams, wishes and wants? Who would actually have the time to ask her about her wellness? 


Ten years down the line she is going to be a wife, a mother, a daughter-in-law and a home maker. Sacrificing her whole self towards every one around (if not already). No one is really going to care if she has had her breakfast, neither would anyone care for her sleep. She would spend sleepless nights feeding her baby, walking around the room and balcony, only to make the baby sleep. Who would care for her heavy breasts or her 'kurti' size? Who would care to even turn around and give her a second look, (coz she was once so beautiful!, and still is. People would just not mind, anymore, not looking at her).
She would only be judged for something that she has forgotten to work out, to do. She would only be judged for her mistakes. She would only be pointed at for not fulfilling a certain promise to her 'family'. Her life would solely depend on her future generations. She is going to be judged on how well she is bringing up and nurturing her children. 


She cannot take a wrong step, she cannot go beyond the boundary. She cannot cross a certain line. She needs to be the 'perfect' woman. There can be no word as 'tired', 'alone', 'rest' or 'comfort' in her dictionary. She would take care of everything and everyone but herself. But, who really cares! To make her voice heard, she would sound rude. So it's best to shut up! Right! 


For those who are an exception! Congratulations. For those who aren't, well, I am waiting for a solution. 


Can people just do one favour? There are terms called remembered and thankful. Keep these words in your dictionary, so that you don't forget to appreciate her when you have the 'time', a little from your busy schedule. 


And for all you girls! Till then enjoy your size 'XS'.


Image courtesy: www.paganspace.net



5 comments:

  1. This is the first article of its kind that I am reading. and I am GLAD that I did. Wonderfully drafted and aptly put.

    Loved the write up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never wore XS, it's always M...Nice write up!!!

    Saru

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey...i liked this for experiencing few things which u mentioned and also the writing !:)i couldnt stop myself seeing the updates in my blog the pic and title..gud 1 dear.
    http://chitranavada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Saru - Then enjoy your 'M'.

    @Chitra - Thanks a lot! Such comments are truly appreciated.

    @Aurindam - Thank You. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that is part of womenhood, working women do sometimes escape this routine, but housewife is judged by the way they upbring their kids. Good post

    ReplyDelete