Tuesday 3 May 2011

Give To Be Happy!


"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up."  - Mark Twain


We often hear the wise talking about 'gift of giving'. And the saying  holds good for all time to come.  To give is to make others happy. To give is to sacrifice. It's all about that overwhelming smile on your loved one's face. You partially give up your own happiness, wants, joy and demands to fulfill all of them for those significant people in your life. That's how  it makes you beautiful. 


'Giving' is what i have learnt from ma. I have grown up seeing her give a 'gift called life' to everyone around her selflessly. Never thinking about herself in the process.  I was amazed to see how that made her happy. I guess that's how someone can define the ultimate happiness. 


 Even if you are in pain, even if the world around you seems to crash down, even if you need to hide your tears to make your dear ones strong and happy, so be it! In return what you are going to receive is an unknown fulfillment.  


There are many of us who are blessed with beauty by the Almighty. Yet, the apparent looks that we possess is vulnerable to the ones replacing them. They go as swiftly as them come. Eternal is what you do, how you behave and what's you contribution in somebody's life.This determines your inner beauty and worthiness. 


" Act as if what you do makes a difference.  It does."  - William James

3 comments:

  1. Fan. You have a fan in me.

    The best part about reading your blog is that the more I read your posts, the more I find stuffs..stuffs that I can relate to...and gifts that I can take back home.

    Wonderful.

    Splendid.

    Awesome.

    Once again a terrific job with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. written absolutely the truth, and the fact about ma, just brought tears to my eyes.very touching words sneha.good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true. I won't knock outer beauty, but I have noticed that even apparently plain people somehow become so much more beautiful when they are kinder, funnier, stronger.

    ReplyDelete