Tuesday 24 May 2011

Science? Not My Cup Of Tea!

Ahh! Science...I never really liked reading the subject, forget about studying it. What's even worse to know is that i made a record of flunking miserably in what people call 'one of the most interesting subjects' - chemistry! AArrrrggghhhhh!!!!! 

Oh did i say chemistry???? Ooopsss, I forgot to mention math! Yeah, math would take the lead followed by the former. Biology and physics definitely followed close too. During the science hours, the classroom helped me with the reverie. And the night very sincerely helped me with the jitters and nightmares if there was an assignment to be completed for the next day.

It was only when i got promoted to class 9 could i get rid of the highly 'scientific' subjects. i mean it when i say "getting rid of". They really were a pain in all the wrong places. I could finally make a decision to leave behind something that i never really liked doing.

I somehow knew that it wouldn't work for me. After taking up Arts for grads (English has always been my most favorite one), i ended up working on content development. 

So, basically my current state of affairs, in no way whatsoever, makes me any less worthy than a science graduate. Even though i wasn't an exception when it came to facing the humiliations from our respected teachers for not taking up science. I nearly believed that we (students of commerce and Arts) were about to become a bunch good-for-nothing fools later on in life! 

But things turned out to be quite to the contrary. Ahem ahem! 

Do whatever your heart desires and wishes. Do not force yourself to decide on something which would make your loved ones happy and not you. Don't give yourself a chance to repent!

There are certain decisions one needs to make in life, which might and will invariably hurt the close ones around. But you would need to be firm and judge which is going to be the best for you. See, it's your dream and you ought to believe in it. Everything else will fall into place at the right time. 

You got to give it time. Give people the time to realize your dreams!

God has never promised a 'with love from heaven'  life. Hardships make life. But if you believe in yourself then there is nothing that can stop you from achieving your goals. Nothing.

3 comments:

  1. It is light and yet packs the punch later on in the blog.

    You had some deep sentences which I would like you to write future blogs on. Like the one below -

    "You got to give it time. Give people the time to realize your dreams!"

    Please write a blog on the theme above. Would love to read it.

    All-in-all, an EXCELLENT post. Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice One. I agree with the sentiment here. I didn't study the subject closest to my heart and it made my later academic life excruciating. But if you truly love something, things have a way of working themselves out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more Anirban da...Thanks for the comment..

    ReplyDelete