Friday 20 May 2011

Misty Pictures...Vivid Memories

"Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose." - The Wonder Wars


It was a silent Sunday afternoon and i was spending my lazy hours in bed idling because i had nothing else to do. Ah! (I hate Sundays!).  I was thinking about nothing in particular. In fact my droopy eyes kind of summoned me to doze off.  It was then that this sudden thought struck me. 

It's been months since i have glanced through an album full of memories.

There was this mixed feeling in me and i don't know why? I was thinking if i should flip through those pictures again. You see, it's hard to let go of the memories, it's tough to not think about the wonder days of  one's past. 

Courtesy: Shafferfineart.com
Viewing photos of the past make it even tougher. But i did. After a while's wondering i finally could make myself take a look at the pictures. They were faded, worn out and looked old. Yet the memories that they brought back were as if it was just a 'yesterday'. Fresh and twinkling.

Each picture tells a story. Each of of them bring back the reminiscent memories that we try and keep aside, we try and bury.  Pictures can get misty, but memories never will. The more you grow up and move on in life, the more will the memories come alive with vibrant colors!

I guess it's the same with all of us. Moments, like pictures tend to fade away. It's the remembrance of the time spent together with  dear ones that stays with us forever. 

Cherishing them, living with them is all we can do. No options at this. So make the most of all moments that you spend. Memories are all you are going to have tomorrow!


Good or bad - You decide!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful. Simply outstanding . I am so in love with your posts. Keep up the good wok. You have made me proud.

    I am gonna write a blog on this subject soon...Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I agree with Aurindam its really a wonderful post .....I like it

    ReplyDelete